10 Aug, 2021
Recruiting for new Group Executive Product Solutions role
Join an Australian company helping to solve global fresh water-quality problems
Senior leadership role for an innovative and collaborative leader with proven success in leading product commercialisation
Location Melbourne, Australia
Position reports to the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Applications close 29 August, 2021
Applications and enquiries To apply or for further details, please contact Yasmin Basrur at [email protected]
Phoslock Environmental Technologies (ASX: PET) specialises in engineering solutions and water treatment products to remediate polluted, lakes, rivers, canals and drinking water reservoirs.
Headquartered in Melbourne, PET has offices in Brisbane, Beijing and Manchester and manufacturing operations based in Changxing, China. PET is represented by licensees, distributors and agents in ten other countries including SePRO Corporation in the United States and HydroScience in Brazil.
Phoslock® is a proprietary and unique water treatment product that permanently binds excess phosphorus in the water column and sediments, inhibiting the growth of Harmful Algal Blooms (HAB). Phoslock is certified to be used in drinking water in North America, Europe, Brazil, Australia and China. Along with Phoslock, PET also supplies zeolites and specialised strains of bacteria that address water pollution issues.
About the role
The newly-formed position of Group Executive Product Solutions aims to build PET’s reputation for excellence in freshwater quality and remediation solutions by leading the development of PET’s product offering. The main purpose of the role is to drive the commercialisation of new and enhanced technologies, processes, products and services to offer best in market solutions for customers and their communities.
Reporting to the Managing Director and CEO, the main responsibilities of the Group Executive Product Solutions are:
- Lead the design, development and commercialisation of new and enhanced product solutions.
- Establish and manage academic and industry partnerships to drive commercialisation, setting up appropriate commercial arrangements and contracts and managing delivery to commercial objectives.
- Develop and manage the PET product portfolio in a way that is aligned with, informs and supports PET’s overall strategic objectives in chosen markets.
- Lead processes and techniques to integrate insights and anticipate emerging customer needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Scan the horizon for opportunities, investigating and assessing new technologies and product solutions.
- Manage regulatory approvals and strategic intellectual property issues.
- Educate industry about PET’s unique product advantages, representing PET professionally and enthusiastically.
- Help position PET with the necessary relationships with industry, other providers and specialists to form partnerships, alliances and coalitions that will ensure PET secures and maintains a leadership position in its chosen markets.
We are looking for an innovative and globally-minded leader with a track record of effective commercialisation.
You might be a chemist, biochemist, chemical, environmental or materials engineer, or a scientist or technologist in the fields of ecology, biology or environmental science. Your sound judgement and collaborative style enable you to identify complimentary products, enhance customer solutions and open-up opportunities for partnership and value creation.
You are passionate about restoring fresh waterways and ecosystems and you are pleased to advocate and educate others about PET’s unique product attributes in the field.
Qualifications and competencies
- Demonstrated success managing product/solution development and commercialisation
- Tertiary degree in science or engineering: chemistry, biochemistry, environment, ecology, biology or materials, ideally with specialisation in water quality, water remediation or environmental impacts
- Expertise in Water Quality, Water Remediation or Environmental Impacts
- Customer and Partnership Focus
- Strategic Agility
- Leading Change
- Stewardship of intellectual property and management regulatory issues
- Product advocacy and reputation building within the industry
- Commercial Acumen
- Builds Capability
- Manages Performance and Delivers Results
The role will require both domestic and international travel. English proficiency (native / bilingual) is necessary.
How to apply
Please submit your application via LinkedIn, or for further queries, please contact Yasmin Basrur via [email protected] Applications close on 29 August 2021.